Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H-4 Stamping Question.

Hello All,

My wife was here last year on H-4 VISA when I was working for company A. I changed my job from company A to B when my wife was still in USA.
    Her VISA(company A) is expired and she is now in India and I am in USA.When company B applied for my H-1 transfer my wife was with me in USA. I have my I-797A original copy with me and also my wife got her original copy of I-797A, Notice of Action. In case type for her it states " Application to extend/change nonimmigrant status. She is planning to go for H-4 stamping next month.
    My question is does she has to carry my original I-797(which is with me here in USA) or her original will be sufficient( she is having a copy of my original I-797)for the interview. Also at the port of entry what will they ask from her.
    Your reply is appreciated.

One more question,my friend's wife has H-4 stamped on her passport from company A and it is valid till June 2011 but she is in India now. My friend is in USA and he changed the company and got I-797 approved from company B. Now if his wife wants to come to USA, Can she enter USA with the same H-4 visa stamped on her passport from previous company i.e company A? If so which document should she present at port of entry. Is it the company B I-797 approval notice. If yes then does my friend has to send his original to her or a copy of that will do. Thanks in advance for your response and help.
    Last edited by jaljam; 09-14-2009, 08:04 PM.

She would need your original I797A as well for the stamping.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Originally posted by txh1b View Post
      She would need your original I797A as well for the stamping.
      Thankyou tx1. But what about the other question. Can you respond to other question as well. Thanks for your help in advance.

Comment

H4 visa is not company dependent. Read similar posts. There are 100s of them.

She needs new I797 from new employer and can enter with same visa.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X