Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• will appreciate your help -2nd time RFE - need h1b deadline for application

Hello All,

I'd really appreciate your help on my question.

I did my Masters in US and had h1b for 3 yrs, which expired in mar 09 with company A. I worked for them for 3 yrs. ( My I-94 also expired).

Now, I applied for Transfer + extension with company B Feb 09, got an RFE in May. My company B answered it, and a second time RFE was received today, asking for additional documents about my company's Fire Department and County certificates. My employer told me the seating area is only 3 in their company, and they submitted various people, as doing in-house projects. They think it'd be a risk to answer the query for their company and want to withdraw the petition.

Now, some of my friends told me I could apply for a fresh H1-B under the quota for fiscal year 2010 starting Oct 1, 2009. Is this true ?

When is the deadline for submitting h1b petitions for fiscal year 2010. Is it oct 1, or till the date the quota fills ?

Also they're saying the LCA takes 2 weeks now, and It'd be tough to file in these 2 weeks.

Please suggest me an option to get my h1b visa and continue working here.
    Your help would be very much appreciated.

-Parvathi

You can go back to Company A or find a new employer and transfer your H1B. You still have 3 years left in your current H1B.

>>>> Now, some of my friends told me I could apply for a fresh H1-B under the quota for fiscal year 2010 starting Oct 1, 2009. Is this true ?

Yes. But why do you want to apply for a fresh H1B?

>>>> When is the deadline for submitting h1b petitions for fiscal year 2010. Is it oct 1, or till the date the quota fills ?

You can even submit after Oct 1st if the CAP is not reached.
    Last edited by shervin143; 09-15-2009, 07:59 PM.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
      You can go back to Company A or find a new employer and transfer your H1B. You still have 3 years left in your current H1B.

>>>> Now, some of my friends told me I could apply for a fresh H1-B under the quota for fiscal year 2010 starting Oct 1, 2009. Is this true ?

Yes. But why do you want to apply for a fresh H1B?

>>>> When is the deadline for submitting h1b petitions for fiscal year 2010. Is it oct 1, or till the date the quota fills ?

You can even submit after Oct 1st if the CAP is not reached.
      If the I-94 expired, the person cannot go back to company A. The reason the person wants to apply for a H1b is unknown. But the person can leave the country, have a CP case filed by another employer without a fresh H1b.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Originally posted by Parvathi View Post
        Hello All,

I'd really appreciate your help on my question.

I did my Masters in US and had h1b for 3 yrs, which expired in mar 09 with company A. I worked for them for 3 yrs. ( My I-94 also expired).

Now, I applied for Transfer + extension with company B Feb 09, got an RFE in May. My company B answered it, and a second time RFE was received today, asking for additional documents about my company's Fire Department and County certificates. My employer told me the seating area is only 3 in their company, and they submitted various people, as doing in-house projects. They think it'd be a risk to answer the query for their company and want to withdraw the petition.
        I think your petition is pretty much denied as the fire department and internal projects of all people they filed is fraudulent. You have to leave immediately as your I-94 expired and you continue to accumulate illegal presence.

Read my other post as you can get a CP case filed that is not subject to cap and return with a new visa stamp. Make sure your employer is good.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Shervin143 and txh1b can't thank you guys enough for your reply. Really a bit relieved to know the sept 30th deadline won't apply if the quota isn't filled.

shervin143, I can't go back to company A, they sold the company to a different company who doesn't recognize me, because I transferred to Company B, just before the company was sold. Also Company A is under a different name now, let's say company Z. So even if I apply with them, it'd be equal to applying with Company C.

>>Yes. But why do you want to apply for a fresh H1B?

My first h1b ( given for 3 yrs - expired mar 09) so I cannot apply for transfer or extension now with other company, especially because now uscis is waiting for Company B to answer the RFE. So I was told by a friend that applying for a fresh h1b would be best. Please clarify.

txh1b, yes you're right, company B finds it tough to answer the fire department report.

I don't know what a CP case is, but will try to find it now in your previous posts. I'll get back if I can't find the thread.

Also, I've below questions :

1) If employer B withdraws his petition, before I get a Receipt number for my new H1-B petition with company C, would I be out of status and will it affect USCIS decision on her new petition with Company C. ( Company B is so lookng forward to withdraw the petition soon, I asked them for sometime).

2) If I file for a new H1B, lets say if it takes 2-3 months to get approved, what would be my status in the US in these 2-3 months , once employer B withdraws his petition ? Can I work for employer C or need to wait until the H1-B gets approved ?

3) I'm not able to find how much of the quota is filled as of today in any forums or uscis website. Do you've an idea ? If so, can I still apply under the Masters Degree quota because I did my MS here in comptuer science ?

4) Filing a brand new peition would still be valid ( before employer B withdraws the petition ), is that correct ?

Would very much appreciate your help. Can't thank you guys enough for taking time to answer my questions.
          Last edited by Parvathi; 09-16-2009, 02:31 AM. Reason: grammar mistakes

Comment

txh1b,

my petition isnt denied yet. received the 2nd RFE about fire dept reports today, and company B wants to withdraw( they've to withdraw before 30 days) . I'm guessing I'd still have 30 days to file for a new h1b.

I read your post about CP, I understand you're saying it'd be helpful if I return to india and get back here ? is that correct ?

Also, I didn't start processing for EAD yet. I wanted to do it once my 2nd h1b ( ie one after first 3 yrs ) gets approved.

Really appreciate your time and knowledge answering my questions.

- Parvathi

Comment

txh1b, yes you're right, company B finds it tough to answer the fire department report.

I don't know what a CP case is, but will try to find it now in your previous posts. I'll get back if I can't find the thread.

Also, I've below questions :

1) If employer B withdraws his petition, before I get a Receipt number for my new H1-B petition with company C, would I be out of status and will it affect USCIS decision on her new petition with Company C. ( Company B is so lookng forward to withdraw the petition soon, I asked them for sometime).

2) If I file for a new H1B, lets say if it takes 2-3 months to get approved, what would be my status in the US in these 2-3 months , once employer B withdraws his petition ? Can I work for employer C or need to wait until the H1-B gets approved ?

3) I'm not able to find how much of the quota is filled as of today in any forums or uscis website. Do you've an idea ? If so, can I still apply under the Masters Degree quota because I did my MS here in comptuer science ?

4) Filing a brand new peition would still be valid ( before employer B withdraws the petition ), is that correct ?

Would very much appreciate your help. Can't thank you guys enough for taking time to answer my questions.
              1. Yes, you are illegal (not out of status) as your I-94 already expired. No other EOS is possible within US. Read about "bridging" on the forum.
              2. No. That has to be a Consular Processing case. You can only work once you return with a visa and I-94.
              3. Doesn't matter. Quota remains open. The last I remember reading was 40k filed.
              4. Doesn't matter as your EOS is no longer poassible with the I-94 being expired.

Comment

txh1b,

my petition isnt denied yet. received the 2nd RFE about fire dept reports today, and company B wants to withdraw( they've to withdraw before 30 days) . I'm guessing I'd still have 30 days to file for a new h1b.

I read your post about CP, I understand you're saying it'd be helpful if I return to india and get back here ? is that correct ?

Also, I didn't start processing for EAD yet. I wanted to do it once my 2nd h1b ( ie one after first 3 yrs ) gets approved.

Really appreciate your time and knowledge answering my questions.

- Parvathi
                Wrong assumption on your part bolded in red above. Your illegal stay counts from the date of I-94 expiry. No other status extension possible. Read about "bridging" on the forum.

Resr of the post is non relevant to this case.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X