Filling for Green card -

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Filling for Green card -

My first entry to US is on Feb 25-2005 with My H1b visa.

6 years would be 2011.Since my fifth year will be over by Feb 2010 I really have very short time to make a decision my GC process is not yet started considering current situation is it good idea to change the employee ? Apply for H1 transfer and start GC process with new employee? Can be both be done before Feb 2010?

considering current situation is it good idea to change the employer ?
    >>>>> It depends on which company you will be joining. Is it a reputed company with good projects?

Apply for H1 transfer and start GC process with new employer? Can be both be done before Feb 2010?
    >>>>> Sure. GC is for future employment. It doesn't require a tranfer to start the GC process. However, if you want to start the GC only after your petition is approved with the new employer, then while transferring your H1B, ask your employer to go for premium processing. It's going to cost him more.

Just keep in mind that your labor should have got filed 365 days before your visa expiry to apply for the 7th year extension.
    Last edited by shervin143; 09-16-2009, 12:52 AM.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks for your reply..

Current company that I am working is a reputed company but the salary is not that good.. I have spoken to them to process my GC but they are dragging ..

How can we validate the reputation of the company other than googling ..
      Any good websites ?

if there is a requirement with one client my inbox gets flooded with many companies.. If I send a resume for all the companies for the same post is there a chance my resume gets rejected?

If I talk to some reputed companies they are not willing to sponsor visa and they recommend going for third party company can I go with the company that they recommend?

Is it just labour that needs to be filled before 365 days? can I 140 be filed any time ?
      Last edited by chn_jav; 09-16-2009, 06:35 AM.

Comment

It is better to stick with a reputed company (e.g. Infosys, Wipro, TCS) with a lower pay than to go with a small consulting company that will make you beg for your own pay. Green card does not have value anymore. There used to be a time when it did have some value but not anymore. Even with green card, jobs are scarce. Stick with your company and get some good experience. Even if they do file for your green card today, it will take at least 20 years to get the green card.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X