Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Appeal/MTR for denied h1B.Pls suggest

Hello,

My H1b is denied and the employer wants to appeal for it.When i looked at the processing times for H1B appeals, it is mentioned as 14 months.

1) Does that mean that the Appeal/MTR takes 14 months for the decision to be known?

2) If it takes such a long time, while the Appeal is in process can i apply for H1B again?

3) When the Appeal is filed for can i go out of the US and comeback?

4) Instead of Appeal can the same employer file for a new H1b again?

Please suggest me the best thing to be done.Thanks in advance for your response.

Jaya

1. Possibly
    2. Yes. But you do not hold a status during the appeal if the I-94 expires. So it has to be a CP case. If your illegal presence exceeds 180 days, you are subject to a ban.
    3. Depends. You cannot enter if your visa/H1b expired unless you have a new status.
    4. A CP case is possible.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Hello Sir,

Thanks for your reply. I am currently on H4 and it is valid till 2012.
      So, in that case while the Appeal is made for, i go out of US and come back before the decision is known,does that become a CP?
      Thanks again for your time and response.

Jaya

Comment

Travel during a COS petition voids the COS.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

hi Jaya
          Have you got any response? I am in the same state. Can you share your experience?

- - - Updated - - -

hi Jaya
          What did you do? Any update on your case status? I am in the same case as you!

Thanks
          divijaan

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X