H1 transfer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 transfer

The company started H1 Cancellation 3 weeks back , can i do H1 transfer to different employer now?

Yes, if you have an approval copy. You need to prove on paper that you were cap counted.
    I am not a lawyer and this is not a legal advice. Use it at your own risk. Consult professionals before getting into an action.

Comment

what do you mean by "Cap counted " ?
      can anyone brief on this ...

Thank You.

Comment

Do you have I-797 approval copy?

This will prove that you were cap counted and your H1B petition was approved.
        Cap Counted means, your h1b petitions is approved in that fiscal year quota.
        I am not a lawyer and this is not a legal advice. Use it at your own risk. Consult professionals before getting into an action.

Comment

Every year there is a limit to the number of H1B petitions accepted by USCIS. This limit is otherwise called as H1B Cap or H1B quota. When they receive more application than the fixed cut off limit, they go for the lottery system. Since you already have a H1B visa, you are already cap counted. In which case, you can transfer your current H1B to another company. But for that, you need to provide proof that you are already cap counted. For which you need a copy of your current I-797 application.

Originally posted by rajkot View Post
          what do you mean by "Cap counted " ?
          can anyone brief on this ...

Thank You.
          Last edited by shervin143; 09-21-2009, 04:21 AM.
          Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X