Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name Spelt wrong in Visa Stamping

Hi All,
    I got my H1b Extension successfully done in Chennai, but in Visa my company name spelt wrong instead N it is M, is it problem in POE, I have immediate proejct in hand.. i need to start immediately, kindly advise..

Company name spelt wrong in visa stamping

Any help?

Comment

Is the company name spelled correctly in your approval notice? If yes, then it is the mistake on the U.S consulate who issued you the visa. Contact the consular section of the Chennai embassy immediately and get it corrected. One simple error can prevent you from boarding your flight and even entering the U.S. You should take care of all necessary changes before you depart.

Send an email to [email protected] explaining the problem. They should be able to help you.
      Last edited by shervin143; 09-22-2009, 02:47 AM.
      Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Company name spelt wrong in visa stamping

Hello Shervin,
        My Approval notice is fine, there is absolutely no problem, but in stamping i have issue and i have to board flight tommorrow early morning.. not sure what to do... spoke to employer he said if u r approval notice is fine u don't have to worry.. any suggestion on this?

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
        Is the company name spelled correctly in your approval notice? If yes, then it is the mistake on the U.S consulate who issued you the visa. Contact the consular section of the embassy where you attended the visa interview. One simple error can prevent you from boarding your flight and even entering the U.S. You should take care of all necessary changes before you depart.

Comment

With an early morning flight tomorrow, there is no way to get this corrected on time. I am hoping the company name on the visa shouldn't matter so much because people use their old visa's (still valid, but with the previous employer's name on it) to enter U.S with the new I-797 approval notice. So irrespective of the company name, a valid visa and the approval notice should be enough. If questioned @ the POE, tell them that it is a mistake on the Consulate and you didn't get approval to extend your vacation to get this corrected. If your first name or last name is spelled wrongly in the visa, then that is a serious problem. I am hoping the company name should be fine. Wish you good luck. Hope everything works out fine @ the POE.

Do share your experience later.

Originally posted by rider50 View Post
          Hello Shervin,
          My Approval notice is fine, there is absolutely no problem, but in stamping i have issue and i have to board flight tommorrow early morning.. not sure what to do... spoke to employer he said if u r approval notice is fine u don't have to worry.. any suggestion on this?
          Last edited by shervin143; 09-22-2009, 03:12 AM.
          Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by rider50 View Post
            Hi All,
            I got my H1b Extension successfully done in Chennai, but in Visa my company name spelt wrong instead N it is M, is it problem in POE, I have immediate proejct in hand.. i need to start immediately, kindly advise..
            Not a big deal. You can travel in peace.Company name is just an annotation and has no big impact on your entry.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Poe

Thanks friends, I reached US Safely without any problem, there was absoulutely no problem in POE.. thx once again..

Comment

but i am the most unlucky guy

I was issued immigrant visa (spouse) after more than one month waiting for administrative processing. but in annotation my wife's name have a very silly spelling mistake which i could not see first time (in case of ......... chowdhury it was spelled ..... chowdury). i left my job & residence, as i was planning to go immediately. when i saw the mistake after 2 days of getting the visa, i went to correct it, & they kept my visa package & scheduled me to meet the next day. and with all the surprise they told me that while printing my name hit again & i have to go through administrative processing again... now 35 days over, still didnt get my visa back; life sucks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X