Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1b Visa Stamping

Hi All

I have a valid I-797 till 2010 but my visa date is in the past. Has any one recently gone to India for a visa stamping .

Can the Visa Officer reject the visa stamping even if I-797 is valid till 2010.

Thanks in Advance
    Last edited by ShRaj; 09-21-2009, 10:59 PM.

Hi All

I have a valid I-797 till 2010 but my visa date is in the past. Has any one recently gone to India for a visa stamping .

Can the Visa Officer reject the visa stamping even if I-797 is valid till 2010.

Thanks in Advance

Comment

You need to educate yourself more about the process. As long as your I-94 is valid inside the US and you maintain valid status by getting paid all the time, you are in status. Visa is just an entry document into the US. I-94 determines your stay.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Hi

Maybe I need to reframe my question.

I am currently in the USA with a valid I-797. I want to travel to India , but my visa stamping date is in the past . As per rule I would need to get my visa stamping done before I reenter the US.

With this in mind, I just needed to know whether there is a possibility of the visa stamping being rejected in india , even after having a valid I-797.

Please provide your valuable inputs.

Comment

There is no such mandate that a visa must be issued for every valid I797. You have to be prepared for everything.

If your case is genuine, you have nothing to be afraid of.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X