Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• temp US H1 travel for SSN?

Folks,

I got a H1 stamping valid till OCt 2011. I work for a very reputed company in India and i need a safe transit to US job. I am thinking of the following plan. Do let me know if there are any catches/issues i would face in it.

I intend to take a 4 week leave with my Indian company and travel to US on H1b. I shall apply for ssn and try securing a job. If succesfull, i shall return to india, resign and head back to US. If not, i shall return back to India and continue my job and keep my search on with my SSN.

Do you see any issues at the Port of entry with my frequent travel?

Any other issues, please let me knwo.

Thanks
    Raju

Originally posted by naga2054 View Post
    Folks,

I got a H1 stamping valid till OCt 2011. I work for a very reputed company in India and i need a safe transit to US job. I am thinking of the following plan. Do let me know if there are any catches/issues i would face in it.

I intend to take a 4 week leave with my Indian company and travel to US on H1b. I shall apply for ssn and try securing a job. If succesfull, i shall return to india, resign and head back to US. If not, i shall return back to India and continue my job and keep my search on with my SSN.

Do you see any issues at the Port of entry with my frequent travel?

Any other issues, please let me knwo.

Thanks
    Raju

What the heck does having a SSN have to do with safety and job search? Employer must pay you every single day on H1b. SSN or not, project or not. That is the law!

Your entry to US is fraudulent without a job on a H1b. You could even be deported if caught in the act. Do the right thing and demand a pay from your employer from day 1. If they refuse, consider them scumbags and find a decent employer.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X