Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emergency appt-please help

Hello all!!!!!!!!
    My husband is a physician working in the US on H1 visa. His dad passes away and so he had to rush to India and din't have time to book a visa appointment.
    He has to be back to work in 15 days before which he needs to get his visa stamped. Can he book an 'emergency' appointment in the consulate???
    Please help me with this asap.
    Also,if he goes to the New Delhi center,can he collect his passport the very next day after the interview??
    Thanks a lot!!!!!!!!!!!

My husband is a physician working in the US on H1 visa. His dad passes away and so he had to rush to India and din't have time to book a visa appointment. He has to be back to work in 15 days before which he needs to get his visa stamped. Can he book an 'emergency' appointment in the consulate???

>>>>>> Yes he can.

Also if he goes to the New Delhi center,can he collect his passport the very next day after the interview??

>>>>>> Yes. Provided form 221g is not issued.

For more details on who is qualified for an emergency appointment and how to contact the Delhi consulate, check the "Visas" section of immihelp. Under "While in USA", click "Emergency Visa Appointments" and read through.
    Last edited by shervin143; 09-26-2009, 04:05 AM.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

thanks@shervin143, but I was going thru' the criteria for 'emergency' appts

which says, can take an emergency appt if there is a death in the US and not the other way round i.e India.
      So, I am a little confused. Please help me solve my confusion!!!!!!!!!!!
      Thanks a lot

Comment

The criteria:

For applicants from all consular districts

You need to obtain emergency medical care or accompany a relative or employer for emergency medical care
        You need to attend the funeral of an immediate family member (mother, father, brother, sister, child, grandparent or grandchild)You need to attend to an urgent business matter where the need to travel to the U.S. could not be predicted in advance
        You are a student or exchange visitor who is within 90 days of the start date of your valid program and who was not denied a visa within the last six months
        You are a temporary worker (H & L visas only) whose visa has expired and who wants to renew your visa and return to your employment in the U.S.You need to make an appearance in a U.S. court

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Hi katzie19,

My friend got the Emergency Visa appointment with the reason that he has to join his office back urgently. He is a dentist.
          So he also got the letter from his office/employer that he has patients to look after as their appointments can not be delayed.

So , you can get the emergency Visa appointment and to support it if you can get a letter from the employer then it will be helpful.

Thanks and Regards,
          Abhay

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X