Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 transfer through Consultancy

Hello Everyone,

I have a H1B valid till jun 2011 from my current employer.I got an offer from another employer but they are not willing to transfer my H1.

Will my H1 gets wasted if i join the new employer? Can i transfer it to another company (Company C) after I leave my first company?

Also want to know pointers to well known consulatancies who can place me in a job in US and take care of the H1B transfer process..

F.Y.I My job profiles is Windows server Admin and I am from Hyderabad.

Thanks in Advance

You can work on corp-to-corp basis with employer B.
    i.e., B pays to A, and A pays to you.

You can work for any employer with H1 transfer.
    Last edited by sk4ih; 10-01-2009, 05:41 PM.

Comment

Thanks sk4ih!

Will corp-to-corp basis is a good option and will employers agree for that?

You can work for any employer with H1 transfer.
      Can i come back to company A after i leave it (suppose 3 months) and ask them for a h1 transfer?

Comment

1) Good option. Many people do this.

2) If leave the company, you will lose H1 status, and you have to leave the country.

Comment

I have a H1B valid till jun 2011 from my current employer.I got an offer from another employer but they are not willing to transfer my H1.

>>>>> If your new employer is not willing to transfer your H1b, then you cannot work for this company unless you do Corp-Corp. Which means, you still be employed with your current employer. But you work for the new employer as a consultant. Your new employer pays your current employer and your current employer takes a good amount of $$$ out of it and pays you the rest.

Will my H1 gets wasted if i join the new employer? Can i transfer it to another company (Company C) after I leave my first company?

>>>>> You cannot join the new employer directly without doing an H1b transfer. You need to do a transfer first before you leave the current employer. Otherwise you will go out of status.

Also want to know pointers to well known consulatancies who can place me in a job in US and take care of the H1B transfer process..

>>>>> Research on your own. Search immihlep and google for the rest.
          Last edited by shervin143; 10-01-2009, 06:25 PM.
          Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks shervin143!

>>>>> Research on your own. Search immihlep and google for the rest.

I have tried out in google and other sites as well..But i m unable to find any reliable consultancy..most of them turned to be frauds!

Any working through any good consultancy please send me its details...

Also what are the things we need to look before joining through any consultancy?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X