Very Urgent ::please help as soon as possible in layoff and status transfer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very Urgent ::please help as soon as possible in layoff and status transfer

My termination date with current Employer is 13 Oct 09, and they would revoke my H1B after 30 days of my termination date which is 13 nov 09.
    My I-797 is expiring in 2011.

So can somebody please address my following concerns?

<1> Would USCIS approve new employer H1B petition
    (1) if my new H1B petition is filed after my current employer revokes my current H1B?
    (2) if my new H1B petition is filed after 13 Oct 09 but before my Employer revokes my current H1B?
    (3) if my new H1B petition from new employer is filed while my current employer H1B termination is filed and pending?
    What are chances of getting approval in either case? Are all of those legal?

<2> What would be the latest date I need to leave USA or transfer to any other status if I neither find a new employer nor transfer to any other status?

<3> Would it impact my new employer H1B petition If I have to or decide to leave the country and new employer file for H1B while I am in home country? I am asking this as I am not subject to H1B cap and can be filed for H1B visa any time before my I-797 period get elapsed (until 2011)

<4> My wife has an employer and I-797 work authorization approved from Oct 1 09 for next three years but her employer didn’t file the change of status and her status is still H4 and going to be H4 after Oct 09. and my wife has liberty to get her status changed the moment she wants to work with her employer. What would be the better status change option for us to stay in USA and get both back to H1B staus in future?
    (1) To change my and my wife status to B2
    (2) To change my wife status to H1 and mine to H4

Is it possible to change my wife status to H4 when my new employer files for my H1B after option (1) or (2) happens, if yes then can her same employer change her status to H1B (whenever she wants to work again) from H4 after i get H1B.

Thanks in advance. please reply asap

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X