Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

L1 to H1 B transfer - For I797B without I94 - urgent!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 to H1 B transfer - For I797B without I94 - urgent!!!

Hi,

I was on L1B with company X and my visa expired on Sep 21. They have applied for extension and I received I797C for the same. It is still not approved.

Meanwhile I applied for H1 COS for company Y from Oct 1st. I got approval notice from USCIS and my employer also said that COS is approved. So I resigned Company X and started working for Company Y on a project from Oct 1st. Today I got my H1B documents and to my surprise I got I797B without I94 instead of I797A. My question is

1) Am I on illegal status from Oct 1st?
    2) Can I continue to work with Company Y if he has applied for amendment?

Please advice as this is very urgent and I do not know what to do.

Thank You very much

1. Yes
    2. No

You have to leave immediately, get a visa stamp and return to work.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks for your reply.

Since my L1B extension is applied and I have a I797C, Can I go back to my previous employer if they are willing to take? I see that the extension is still in intital review status.

Comment

Yes, if they have not revoked the L1. The illegal employment still remains.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X