Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does the Medical checkup is mandatory

Hi Experts,

I have one question . I want to fly US next week but i dont have any medical check up . Is it mandatory to have it done before traveling . Please kindly let me know.

Thanks a lot,
    Izaz.

Forgot to Mention

I am flying on H1 B

Comment

What medical checkup? Never heard of such a requirement.

If you are concerned as you will not have any health insurance, better get it done as it will cost you an arm and a leg if you don't have health insurance in US.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks for your reply

Hi Sir,
        I knew my few colleagues who had full body check up before travelling to USA.
        I am not sure whether its mandatory or not. So post this query in forum .
        If it is not required kindly please reply me.

Thanks,
        Izaz.

Comment

Hi,

As far as Consulate interview or at POE never heard of asking for the Medical certificate.

But when I applied for the H1 from my both ex-companies (Top 5 Indian IT companies) , then that time for completing the H1 process internally(Checklist) , we all had to go for the Medical examination (even the dependents) and need to submit the medical ceritificate with our company imiigration dept and then only i.e. after all chekclist completed they used to give the papers.This was about 5-7 years back.

So please find from your company what policy they have but as far as requirement goes never heard that somebody has been stopped becos of this.

Thanks and Regards,
          Abhay

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X