Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can we attend H1B restamping in Canada/Mexico?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can we attend H1B restamping in Canada/Mexico?

Hi All,

Thanks to everyone to share your experiences here and i do really appreciate that. Below is my situation on which i need your valuable advice.

I came to H1B in Jun 2008 and working for employer A my I -94 is valid till Sept 24th 2010. Recently i changed to new employer B and i got my new I-94 which is valid till 2012 from now.

I am planning to travel to my home country India next year August, so I just want to know, if i need to attend for my H1B renewal can i attend my interview at Canada/Mexico (or) is it compulsory to attend in our home country. I am totally confused as some people say we cannot go for Canada or Mexico for H1B restamping? Please advice me on this.

The general caveat is if you do not have a US degree, it is recommended to attend in home country. However, there are many people that get their visas stamped in Canada/Mexico.

In case it is denied, you can come back to US with your existing visa which is valid as long as it is not marked CWOP and then get it stamped in the home country.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks for your advice

Hi txh1b,

Thanks for your valuable suggestion. So do you mean that even though my visa extension is rejected in Canada/Mexico still i can go back to my home country India and get it stamped? Please advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X