Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I 94 # number is not printed in the I797 Document

Hello Friends,

I got my H1B this year 2009. I am currently living in madison WIsconsin. So I applied SSN on october 1st and the lady said that I94# number is not printed in my H1B(I797) Document.

She also said that I94#number should be 11 digits where as my I94 # in the passport is 10 digits.

I called the department of homeland security and she is very rude and she said that there is no mistake and I need to add 0 as the first digit to my I 94 #. she also said that its waste of time coming to their office

Is that correct ? Could you please tell me whats the procedure to correct my I 94# and get it printed back to my I797 Document. Please help me

Thanks
    Swetha

can anyone of u help me please

Can anyone of u help me regarding my I94 problem

Comment

If a COS was approved, your H1b approval must have an I-94 number printed same as the white I-94 in your passport. Ask the SSA person to use the white I-94 with the H1b status and you may be fine.

It is rather strange that the I-94 number is missing. Your attorney should contact CIS and ask them for a proper I797A.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thank you so much for the reply

If a COS was approved, your H1b approval must have an I-94 number printed same as the white I-94 in your passport.

My H1b(I797A) is approved but I 94# is missing in that document

Ask the SSA person to use the white I-94 with the H1b status and you may be fine.

Yes I applied the SSN with my white card I94#. But she was not sure whether they will accept it or not. She also told that the I 94 # in the passport is 10 digits which should be 11 digits. so she just added 0 as the first digit and submitted the application

Your attorney should contact CIS and ask them for a proper I797A.

My Attorney asked me to contact my local office and I called them but she didnt responded properly.I dont know what to do.Do I need to go to vermont

One more thing is my I 94# in the passport is expired(sep30 2009) and my H1B is from oct 1st 2009.

Is that the reason I 94# is missing?

Please reply at your earliest convenient time. Take Care

Thanks
        Swetha
        Last edited by swethavijay; 10-07-2009, 09:47 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X