H1 B Queries...Pls Help (It's Urgent)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 B Queries...Pls Help (It's Urgent)

Here is my case : I applied for H1 in Feb 2008 and it got approved this Oct . I was not aware that it was "with change of status" or "without change of status " and I am still working with L1 employer.

Today, I came to know that my consultant (H1 employer) applied change of status from Oct 1st itself with new I94 also. So,for the last few days (Oct 1 till today) I am on H1 but working with L1 employer.

When I checked with my H1 employer , they told me that you can join in 90 days and it won't create any problems in future. Provided I join H1 employer between that period. I am not sure whether he is telling the truth or making his own rules to save some money.

Want to know about following things

1. What is the max time within which I can go back to L1 visa from H1 B and what is the procedure to get back to L1.....Can i file amendment from my side because L1 company is not aware that my status has been changed to H1 from 1st Oct 2009 onwards ?
    2. If i shift to l1 now and want to go back to H1 may be sometime next year...What i should do......If cos...how much time will it take and what will be the cost for that ?
    3. What is the maximum time i can spend on unpaid leaves while be in US ?
    4. What if I join H1 employer in december and next 3 months i dont get any jobs ...what will be the impact on my status because Employer will not pay if i am on bench...
    5. Till now I am working for my L1 Employer not for H1 Employer. What if company X wants to do H1 B transfer. can they do that because i dont have paystubs from my H1 Employer....

I think you are in a deep mess. Contact an attorney. Your employer is lying and do not believe all the 90 day crap.

You are illegally working on L1 since Oct 2008. Did you ever travel after that?

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Oh Sorry,

I applied for H1 in Feb 2009 not in 2008. it was a typo. and I didn't travel after till now.

Comment

As txh1b mentioned Contact an attorney or leave the country immediately and re-enter on L1 to restore the previous status.
        Last edited by itzprams; 10-09-2009, 04:13 PM.
        I am not a lawyer and this is not a legal advice. Use it at your own risk. Consult professionals before getting into an action.

Comment

Originally posted by helpseeker1983 View Post
          Oh Sorry,

I applied for H1 in Feb 2009 not in 2008. it was a typo. and I didn't travel after till now.
          How can it be applied in Feb 2009 while the H1b quota opened in April 2009?

Read about leap frog and I don't trust your posts as the data you provide seems to be incorrect.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X