Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 to H1 Conversion

Hi,
    I am currently in L1 and expiring in Dec 2010 (5 years), my employer (same employer) applied L1B to H1B conversion and got approved... i have following questions... please clarify me..
    1) Do i need to go for visa stamping immediately after getting the approval notice...
    2) Once i receive the approval notice in hand, what will be my visa status, is it going to be in L1 till Dec 2010 or immediately effective to H1B
    3) Also i have GC processing with Labor and I140 approved, can i extend my H1B using my Labor and I140 approval after 6 year period of stay in H1.

Thanks for your help..

1) Do i need to go for visa stamping immediately after getting the approval notice...

If it is a COS from L1 to H1B, then you can continue to work without the need for a visa stamp. Whenever you go out of the country, you need to get the H1B stamped to return back and continue to work in H1B.

2) Once i receive the approval notice in hand, what will be my visa status, is it going to be in L1 till Dec 2010 or immediately effective to H1B

It depends on whether or not the prospective employer requests a change of status (from L-1B to H-1B) for you, in the petition. If it requests a change of status on a certain start date, then your L-1B status stops as of that date. If the prospective H-1B employer indicates "consular notification" and does not request a change of status, then the L-1B status continues.

3) Also i have GC processing with Labor and I140 approved, can i extend my H1B using my Labor and I140 approval after 6 year period of stay in H1.

Yes
    Last edited by shervin143; 10-12-2009, 03:14 PM.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X