Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B transfer and H1B/H4 stamping

Hi,
    I was working for employer A. My new employer (B) applied for my H1B transfer today (OCT 12, 2009) via premium processing. I am hoping that the transfer will go smoothly in the next 2-3 weeks.

I am going to India for my marriage and plan to take a date at the mumbai consulate for my H1B stamping and H4 for my wife on Nov 27th.

Is there any reason to be concerned that all USCIS records (PIMS and others) will be updated in time to reflect my H1B transfer changes when I go for the H1B/H4 stamping?

More generally in my case, are there any other points that may be of concern?

Please advice

thanks

PIMS is automatically updated with any approval now.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

thank you very much for clarifying this doubt

I had a small followup question.

I understand that in order to take the H1B stamping and H4 visa appointment together, while taking the H1B (my) appointment online, I need to use the "add passport details" to enter details for the H4 candidate (my wife's passport details).

I wanted to know if I need to take 2 HDFC visa fee receipts or just take a single HDFC fee receipt (since we are taking a single appointment for H1B and H4)

Can you kindly clarify this for me?

Comment

Visa fee is per person. 2 HDFC payments will be needed.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Same concern

Hi,

I have the same concern, issue is only today I came to know that my present company has been acquired and the new company will apply for H1B transfer.

I have heard that H1b transfer takes about 6 weeks, but in jk_consultant's case its taking 2-3 weeks. Can you tell me how can I also apply for expedited transfer or how is the the premium processing done for h1b transfer.

I am leaving for india on 24th november so i have more than a month, can i get new I-797 within that time. Also I am planning to take 16th dec visa appt date for getting my new H1B stamping and my wife's H4.

I am sure I need to feel her paperwork with my new company's name and all. Question is can we go togther and I get my new company h1b stamped and she gets her h4 based on my new I-797, at same time.

Comment

Paying $1000 extra for premium will get you the result in 10 days. And general process will take 2-6 months and not 6 weeks.

Comment

Thank you,

I am across few more concerns when trying to take a date online,
              it asks you whether you are
              1 ) "A resident of India/Bhutan" "An Indian citizen resident in the US"
              and
              2) Are you applying for the same class of visa which is currently valid or has expired within the past 12 months?* Yes No

I understand that since I am in US on H1 VISA currently I can select "Indian citizen resident in the US" as answer to 1 and "Yes" as an answer to 2 since I am going to take a stamp for H1 transfer.

Now the concern is I will be going along with my spouse, she doesn't have any visa as of now, so in this case does both options still hold if we are going together for stamping.

Your help is appreciated.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X