F1-OPT to H1B stamping help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1-OPT to H1B stamping help!

Guys, I had my F1 from Aug'05 , worked for 12 months on F1-OPT and 12 months on F1-OPT stem extension.So i have an MS from foriegn university, non-IT stream.

I now work for a big client absolutely related to what i studied, though through a small (~15 employees) non-IT consultant.I can get a client letter from one of the directors who i work under/report directly to.

But my concerns are:

1) My employer being small, will I be asked for employers tax forms, other employees tax information.This is impossible, atleast to have these docs while i appear for the stamping interview.Any chances of they asking me?

2) If i say, i work for the client, been working for them mid last year, would that be a problem? Instead saying i work for this employer ans do projects for the clients blah blah eventually being forced into saying, "yes i work at the client site" . what to do guys think?

Please let me know.Planning to get my h1 stamped next month or so.
    Thx.

1. Very much possible. You should plan on taking those.
    2. You always work for your employer, not for a client. Whom you get paid directly from is your employer at all times. The client location is where you perform the work. There is no room for hiding business here. Get it right and straight. No point in beating around the bush.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

thank you so much. txh1b.

i have convinced my employer to give tax returns and financial statements for last 2 years, but he says if i am issued a 221(g), he will send information of other co-workers by mail for submission.

do you really think, they VO will go that extent to first ask for information on others.i have paystubs for 2.2 years, tax returns, everything and additional supporting docs from employer and client letter.please let me know.

reg.
      flopth1b

Comment

I have heard of some instances. As it is confidential info, the employer can choose to send it when asked by the VO only.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X