Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green card processing for spouse when on COS I-539

Hi friends and Mr.thnxh1b:

Need a big help.I lost my job in mid July '09 and i am still unable to find one.

I need to finish an exam, in my profession-healthcare in order to start back my job again. In the mean time, my wife is about to get her Green card filing started.I am her dependent now and what will be my situation, once her filing has done....

Q1. Will I still be able to come out of her "Green card stuff" and start my H1B without any issue after i get a job....

Q2. Since i am on H4(COS), will my H1 period be still running as usual or will it be held till i get back to job....

Will my status as H1B immigrant get affected once i get into the GREENCARD PROCESS of my wife.

Your immediate advice in this regard is appreciated.

Thanks,

Hi Friends and Mr.thxh1B:

Also what will happen if i go out of country and comeback, i know i have to get H4 stamped, but will it affect my reversal back to H1B and my Greencard filing in future.

Your help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Comment

You getting added on the GC process does not impact your ability to get back on H1b in the future. H1b allows dual intent. The COS is effective only when it is approved. Your period of stay on H1b status only counts for the 6 years.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Dear Mr.txh1b:

Thank you so much for your reply.

Yes as soon as i filed for my COS, i received an approval notice for my H4. So,at the time of my H4 approval, i have completed 3 1/2 years of my H1B.

So, will the remaining 2 1/2 will stand still or will it keep rolling as usual as i entered us on a H1B.

You advice in this regard is appreciated.

Regards,

Comment

Dear friends and Mr.txh1b:

Your reponse to this query is appreciated.

Regards,

Comment

Read about "remainder option" in the FAQ. You can use the remaining two and half years later.
            Last edited by shervin143; 10-22-2009, 03:15 PM.
            Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X