Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am eligible to work with different job title with different employer!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am eligible to work with different job title with different employer!!!

Hi,
    My H1b approved on Oct 2009.It is valid till Oct 2011.Currently Iam in H4 as a dependent and out of status on H1b.

And also my previous approved H1b petition does not mentioned my job title and salary details.

1.Is that fine to apply for non IT jobs like (HR - human resources,marketing etc).if any employer is sponsoring for any of these above mentioned professional jobs.
    2. If you say yes What are the limitations it has.

3.How to proceed

please help.
    thanks in advance

If you are going to work on a different job title (IT to Non-IT), then H1B transfer won't work. You can ask your employer to apply for a new H1B if the job is considered to be a speciality occupation and if you have the required skills to perform it.
    Last edited by shervin143; 10-20-2009, 04:25 PM.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
      If you are going to work on a different job title (IT to Non-IT), then H1B transfer won't work.
      Not correct. Transfer may not work as the person is already out of status but not for the reason mentioned above.

H1b is an H1b. There is nothing like a IT H1b, Non-IT H1b. One can switch to any job on a H1b as long as they are qualified for it and the job requires a Bachelors.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

I agree with txh1b. My friend recently got his h1 transferred from IT job to management job (business dev) with completely different title and levels.......

Comment

few more doubts -you said that I can change my job title!!!

Than you so much.
          You said that's fine to change employer with different job title.But you said not by just tranferring my H1b.
          I do have my Master in Business administration.
          So please kindly tell me how to work out this issue.
          1.Do I need to get Cos(H4 to H1b)?
          2.How much that cost?
          3.Can employer sponsors the expense on cos?
          4.How long it takes to cos?
          Thanks,
          lalitha

Comment

This is all H1b 101 course. You should not pay for H1b. H1b has to be sponsored by an employer. You said you were on H1b out of status. You need to get paid all the time on H1b. Read the FAQs and some posts on the forum on the same subject.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X