Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel on H4

Hi,

I'm currently in US on H1 visa and my wife and kid are on H4. Visa stamping is until 31st May 2010 for all of us. Recently, I have obtained H1 petition (I-797) renewal until July-2011. But, my wife's and kid's I-94 is only until May-2010.

If my wife and kid travel to India around Feb-2010 and comes back to US around Apr-2010, will they face any problem at port of entry?

If the immigration officials ask for their intended duration of stay, can they say it is until July-2011 OR they need to say only until May-2010?

Anyways, I'm planning to apply for their I-94 extension after they come back from India in Apr-2010.

Please advise.

Thanks,
    Satya

If you want to save $$, when they return, let them carry your latest I797 approval and they will get the new I-94 till July 2011.

They could also attend for a stamping if they want to though it is not needed. This will save the hassle of transit visas through EU countries.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X