Case sent back to USCIS and re-approved

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Case sent back to USCIS and re-approved

Last year on 8th August 2008, I attended the VISA-interview for H1B Visa and H4B Visa for my family at New Delhi DOS.
    I was given GREEN form 221(g) asking for "w2 and employment wage report" which I did not have but somehow gave reasons for not doing so.
    My case was returned to USCIS on 17th October 2008.
    Today, I received an email from USCIS as stated below :
    Current Status: Notice reaffirming approval mailed to you and case sent to the Department of State.

On October 22, 2009, we mailed a notice to you reaffirming the approval of this case and returned the case to the Department of State for visa processing. For more information, please contact them directly.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

*Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov under Check My Case Status and Check Processing Times.
    *** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

DOES IT MEAN that I have the right to go to the EMBASSY and ask for the VISA stamping?
    Do i have to again pay for the VISA fees?

Yes, contact the embassy. They will direct you.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Similar case

Hello gbadrain,

My case is similar to your's my case was redirected to USCIS on May 2009 and from then my case is pending with them. by look at your case i noticed that it took a year to hear from them. Did USCIS ask for any documents from your employer or you. In my case it was F1-OPT-H1 LET ME KNOW whats your case was it first time H1b stamping or extension or change of status.

Thanks in advance,

Comment

H1B Visa first time

Well, it was first time Visa stamping for H1b/H4 Visa .
        I got 221 g after my interview asking for W2 and unemployment wage report which my employer did not have . Our lawyer gave the reasons for the same . Our case was then sent back to USCIS for review.
        Very conveniently soon after 1 year was over, I was sent the email for reaffirmation.
        May be in your case, it will take less time but case going back to USCIS from DOS is on low priority.
        There is hope,,,.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X