Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 or H1

Hello Seniors,

I have B1, travelled thirce on B1. I have H1 also which i have never used it.

Now the same employer who processed B1 is planning to process my L1. So does this means that my H1 will be cancelled if i get my L1 visa.

Please reply for my next steps. I wouldn't prefer choosing L1 instead of H1.

I appreciate your suggestions.

Thanks,
    Cool

It depends on the VO. Most of the time, the previous visa will be cancelled when you apply for a new one.
    Last edited by shervin143; 10-29-2009, 04:17 PM.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Please advise

Hello Seniors,

Can you please clarify this too:

I have H1 visa applied in 2007 valid till 2010. Never used though. And i have also applied for H1 again in 2008 as my 2007 one was on hold with 221(g) query and never had hopes on the same.

I didnt take the visa interview for 2008 H1 as i can enter with existing visa. And i couldnt use 2008 H1 also due to US market slowdown.

Will consulate officer automatically cancel two H-1b petitions as "cancelled without prejudice" or the existing visa. In this case, can i bring to their notice that i have two valid petitions or will they have record of this. I dont want to hide any info though as i dont want get into more complicated situation than this.

Does this mean that my two petitions will be cancelled if i get L1 visa or the Visa stamping which i have from 2007 petition. And can i use 2008 H1 petition when i want to switch to H1 status when i am in US.

And will this be a problem for my L1 visa interview based on the fact that i have two valid petitions and never used any.

Please reply with your valuable answer.

Thanks,
      Cool

Comment

Only the previous visa might get cancelled and not the petition. You can use your H1B petition later if you decide to work in H1B. Having approved H1B petitions that is not used will not cause any issues in your L1 visa interview.
        Last edited by shervin143; 10-29-2009, 11:28 PM.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks Shervin143.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X