Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 to H4 Change of Status

Hello ,

I entered USA in Dec. 2007 on H4 Visa valid till April 2010. I got my H1B approved in October 2008. I worked for few months, and due to bad economy I do not have any project since last 5 months and also no paystubs. I would like to change back to H4 status. But I understand that filing for change of status from within US might require latest paystubs. So I am planning to go to my Home country this month ( Nov 2009 ) and return in Jan 2010.

My questions are:

1) The H4 visa stamp on my passport is valid till Apr 2010. So can I simply enter USA with the same stamp and valid H1b petition from my spouse to get the new valid I-94 in H4 status?

2) Will there be any issue at Port of Entry ? Has anyone done this before ?

3) If this can be done then once I get valid I-94 with H4 status, Do I need to file any other form in addition like I-539 to be in proper status ?

Thanks in advance !

You need to talk to an attorney as you have been out of status for such a long period which will cause problems in the future.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X