Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 221(g)

Hi,

I went for H1b visa stamping at chennai consulate on Jan 2009 and got a 221(g) form. My employer could not provide the required document and I also didnt look at it again. Now I have got another offer from some other employer.
    1. Whether my current I797 is still valid?(Its valid upto 2011)
    2. Can I transfer my H1 to the new employer?
    3. Do I need to reply to my 221(g) before proceeding with any other action on same I797?

Thanks

>>>> It is valid. But you cannot use it to get a stamping for a different employer.

>>>> Yes.

3. Do I need to reply to my 221(g) before proceeding with any other action on same I797?
    >>>> You won't be using the same I-797. You will be getting a new I-797 upon successful transfer. If you no longer intend to work with the previous employer, then you can withdraw that visa application.
    Last edited by shervin143; 11-03-2009, 01:01 PM.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
      >>>> It is valid. But you cannot use it to get a stamping for a different employer.

>>>> Yes.

>>>> You won't be using the same I-797. You will be getting a new I-797 upon successful transfer. If you no longer intend to work with the previous employer, then you can withdraw that visa application.
      Thank you shervin for your response

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X