Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making Reservation for H1B Interview

Hi,
    Thank you in advance for helping me out.

I got my H1B renewal approved and will be travelling back home to India in December. Its 11/4 and I am trying to book my appointment with the US Consulate in Chennai for 12/19. Can someone please confirm if the earliest I can book the appointment is 1 month is advance (11/19)? Is there someway for me to book the appointment earlier?

Also my passport is expiring in July 2010 and I was planning on renewing my passport when I got back to the US in January 2010, would this be an issue when I go for my visa restamping?

Thanks again.

I got my H1B renewal approved and will be travelling back home to India in December. Its 11/4 and I am trying to book my appointment with the US Consulate in Chennai for 12/19. Can someone please confirm if the earliest I can book the appointment is 1 month is advance (11/19)? Is there someway for me to book the appointment earlier?

>>>> You can even book for the next week if there is an interview slot available. If you want to book it for 12/19, then the interview slot won't even be open at this time. You need to create your application online and constantly look for the specific date to be opened for booking. They usually open the date only before 25-30 days in advance. It is easy to get interview dates in Chennai these days after they opened a consulate in Hyderabad. If there are no dates available during your vacation period, then you can send an email to "Chennai, NIV" <[email protected]> requesting for an expedited visa interview (They do this for returning H1B visa holders, provided there are no interview slots available during your vacation period).

Also my passport is expiring in July 2010 and I was planning on renewing my passport when I got back to the US in January 2010, would this be an issue when I go for my visa restamping?

>>>> Should not be a problem.
    Last edited by shervin143; 11-04-2009, 11:03 PM.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Shervin,
      thank you for your reply.
      Do you know how long it take to get the passport back after the interview?
      Thanks,
      Jason

Comment

Upon successful stamping, you can collect the passport from the VFS office at the consulate the immediate next day. It would take less than a week by courier.

Originally posted by jason_jd View Post
        Shervin,
        thank you for your reply.
        Do you know how long it take to get the passport back after the interview?
        Thanks,
        Jason
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks Shervin, appreciate your help!

Regards,
          Jason

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X