I 94 Copy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I 94 Copy

I'm currently on H4 visa(spouse on H1) which is due for renewal.The attorney has asked me to send the copy of my I 94.I had to travel to India hence surrendered my I94 (i forgot to photocopy it).Pls let me know of any other options I have.

Regards
    raj

If you are outside US, you cannot renew the I-94. The person has to enter before the visa expires and then file for extension or have the H1b processed and the H4 attend for a visa after that.

If the visa is valid, the H4 can enter with the new I797 and get the I-94 till that date.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks for the Info.I'm currently in India and have a visa valid till May 2010.I will return to US on Dec 30th.Will I have to wait till I get back to file the Extension or can I initiate the process now.

Regards
      Raj

Comment

If your spouse's H1 is already extended, you can use your current visa and spouse's new approval notice to enter. They will give you an I-94 with new date as per extension.
        If spouse's extension is not approved yet, you can use their old approval notice and enter. But you will have to apply for extension of your status then.
        This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Thank You!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X