H1B visa restamping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B visa restamping

I will be visiting India month of Dec and will get H1B visa restamp at Chennai consulate. However, I am not able to find any open slot for month of Dec 09. I know it will open just before 35-30 days, however is there any way to just fill the application and save it, and then come back and reserve the date, also this will be my 9th year extn stamping, is there any required documents needed to be taken other then mentioned on vfs website. Any recent experience please share your inputs, it will help all the members.

thanks in advance.

I will be visiting India month of Dec and will get H1B visa restamp at Chennai consulate. However, I am not able to find any open slot for month of Dec 09. I know it will open just before 35-30 days, however is there any way to just fill the application and save it, and then come back and reserve the date

>>>> No. Unfortunately, the VFS website will keep your application only for 7 days from the date of creation, within which you need to confirm your date of interview. If not, the application will be deleted. Usually the dates open about 25-30 days in advance. So plan accordingly and create your application.

also this will be my 9th year extn stamping, is there any required documents needed to be taken other then mentioned on vfs website.

>>>> It is the same list of documents that is required for any other H1B stamping. In addition, just carry some proof that u are eligible for H1B extension beyond 6 years.
    https://www.immihelp.com/h1-visa-stamping-documents/
    Last edited by shervin143; 11-07-2009, 04:46 PM.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

visa stamping date appointment

thanks sherwin. However, when will the slots get open for Dec of 1st week? I thought the visa appointment dates will get open atleast 30 days before, and if this is correct,I am trying to book appointment for Dec of 1st week and still has not become available and not showing in the system. This is really very frustrating as I have been checking since 4 weeks all the time..

Comment

Like I mentioned earlier, it isn't exactly one month in advance these days. Nowadays there are lot of appointment slots available at Chennai after they opened a new consulate in Hyderabad. Sometimes they are opening the interview slots only 3 weeks in advance. For December 1st week it should open sometime this week. Go ahead and create your application and keep an eye on the dates.

Originally posted by goldfish View Post
        thanks sherwin. However, when will the slots get open for Dec of 1st week? I thought the visa appointment dates will get open atleast 30 days before, and if this is correct,I am trying to book appointment for Dec of 1st week and still has not become available and not showing in the system. This is really very frustrating as I have been checking since 4 weeks all the time..

Comment

Thanks shervin143 for the information. It is good now we have slots available at Chennai, however are you sure we can just fill and save the application without filling date and bypassing it. I just wanted to make sure as I do not want to run into any issues later. Please confirm.

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
          Like I mentioned earlier, it isn't exactly one month in advance these days. Nowadays there are lot of appointment slots available at Chennai after they opened a new consulate in Hyderabad. Sometimes they are opening the interview slots only 3 weeks in advance. For December 1st week it should open sometime this week. Go ahead and create your application and keep an eye on the dates.

Comment

Picking the interview date is almost the last step in the process. You can create the application and save it for 7 days without confirming the interview date. Until you confirm the appointment, you can make changes to the application. Once you pick the date, most part of the application will get locked down.
            Last edited by shervin143; 11-08-2009, 09:16 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X