Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Visa - Re-stamping/Re-validation

Hi!

I have a Full time job working for a Product company from last 4 years, my first stamping expired on 30th sept and i plan to visit India in Nov & get my visa re-stamped from Chennai counsulate. First of all hows the re-stamping experiences from Chennai consulate?
    Secondly, Let me know if this docs are enough for re-stamping or am i missing something :
    1. I-797 (Whole bunch of Docs applied to the USCIS)
    2. Employement verification Letter
    3. Pay stubs for last 4 years
    4. Tax documents from last 4 years (Tax filed - IRS docs)
    5. Pics from the work place
    6. DS-157, 156 etc
    7. Degree & Master's certificates
    8. Passport
    9. Experience letters from prev jobs
    10. Business cards of the Reporting Manger and self.

Let me know if im missing something.

Thanks!

the doc list also include

Travel Itenary

Comment

Here is the list of all the required documents for the H1B visa interview.

In addition, you will need the client letter/the employment authorization letter.

First of all hows the re-stamping experiences from Chennai consulate?
      It is pretty good if you carry all the required docs and if you had maintained your status while you were in U.S.
      Last edited by shervin143; 11-09-2009, 08:13 PM.
      Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

stamping

Shervin,

What you meant by client letter/employment authorization letter? Isn't this the same as employer verification letter? Please clarify.

Comment

Client letter is from the end client (If you are working as a consultant). Employment verification letter is from your employer.

Originally posted by goldfish View Post
          Shervin,

What you meant by client letter/employment authorization letter? Isn't this the same as employer verification letter? Please clarify.
          Last edited by shervin143; 11-10-2009, 01:04 AM.

Comment

Thanks. I think you meant EVL, i dont work on the client side i work for a Product company and work directly for the company.

Comment

Hi zorokool,

For the list you can refer the immihelp list as already mentioned.

But - from your side you can also take:
              (1) Bank statements
              (2) Any US identity proof-like Drivers License , SSN copy , Utility Bill to show the US address proof which you are going to fill in DS-156.
              (3) Assuming that all docs that you have filed to USCIS for H1 contains LCA.
              (4) Your EVL should contain your name , position, date of joining , salary,full time employee

Although VO don;t ask for these docs , but there is no harm in carrying as these are already available to you.

If you refer some of the forums - VO sometimes asks for the documents from the employer side like Quarterly Wage Report , List of all petitioner employees with their status ,Petioner Income tax return.
              These docs from the employer - VO generally asks if the company is not big , number of employees are not many or VO is little bit doubtful of the employer.

As said - if you have all the docs chances are pretty good becos you never know what VO can ask for as 1% is always Luck.

Thanks and Regards,
              Abhay

Comment

Thanks Abhay and all...

I will carry all the docs . The company i work is pretty moderate sized with Product involved in Life-saving systems. The company does not provide any such wage reports etc as the size of the company is pretty big. Hope it is ok as it is not a body shopping company.

Thanks will keep updated on this site after my interview.

Thanks!

Comment

Has anyone recently gone chennai and did H1 restamping especially 7th year H1 stamping. Where any particular and specific questions were asked in this scenario? Please share your experience.

Comment

should be easier for re-stamping..if you always maintained your status

Comment

anyone did 7th year h1b renewal stamping in delhi or other consulates?

Hi,
                      I am planning to go to Delhi for my 7th year H1b renewal stamping? Anyone did that recently? I am worried if the VO will ask why we should give you visa since US citizens can do your job.

Pls advise.

Thanks.

Comment

Yeah! if that is the case, they should stop issuing H1B visas forever and they should have rejected your H1B 7th year extension at the first place. You are worrying about things that are not worth worrying.

Originally posted by gst76 View Post
                        Hi,
                        I am planning to go to Delhi for my 7th year H1b renewal stamping? Anyone did that recently? I am worried if the VO will ask why we should give you visa since US citizens can do your job.

Pls advise.

Thanks.

Comment

Yes i also heard from my colleagues that due to unemployment rate being high, now a days this has become a reason for refusals..im not sure how far this is true..anyone experienced the same?

Comment

After taking appointment at chennai consulate for h1 visa stamp, do we have to send all the documents to them or do we have to carry at the time of interview? Please reply.

Comment

Carry it with you when you go for the interview.

Originally posted by goldfish View Post
                              After taking appointment at chennai consulate for h1 visa stamp, do we have to send all the documents to them or do we have to carry at the time of interview? Please reply.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X