H1B Extension Reg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Extension Reg

Hope you guys are doing good. I have a question about my H1B extension.

My current H1B for the initial 3 years expired on Oct 1,2009 and I got my extension for another 3 years approved until Oct 2012.

I haven't got my H1B visa stamped for this renewal. By reading some of the posts, I understand that I need to get my H1B visa stamped for the renewal only if I go out of US and come back. Please correct me if this is wrong.

So, my question is can I switch companies with just my H1B approval notice?

My concern is that the current H1B approval is from my current employer and if I switch to a new company, will I have any legal issues?

Please advise. Any response is much appreciated. Thanks!

By reading some of the posts, I understand that I need to get my H1B visa stamped for the renewal only if I go out of US and come back. Please correct me if this is wrong.
    >>>>> That is correct. Read the FAQ.

So, my question is can I switch companies with just my H1B approval notice?
    >>>>> Yes.

My concern is that the current H1B approval is from my current employer and if I switch to a new company, will I have any legal issues?
    >>>>> There will be no legal issues as long as the new company files for a transfer. You cannot work for the new company with the current company's approval notice.
    Last edited by shervin143; 11-15-2009, 06:21 PM.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks Shervin for the reply.

So, if I understand correctly, I can work for my new employer as soon as they have filed for my transfer to USICS ? or do I need wait until my transfer applied by my new employer approved by USICS before I start working for them? Please reply.

Comment

You can work as soon as the transfer is filed.

Originally posted by joy4ever View Post
        Thanks Shervin for the reply.

So, if I understand correctly, I can work for my new employer as soon as they have filed for my transfer to USICS ? or do I need wait until my transfer applied by my new employer approved by USICS before I start working for them? Please reply.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X