X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel to India - Visa Question

Can you guys help me out here ?.
    My H1 visa expired like 3 months back.
    My company applied for renewal and i got the renewal application receipt with me now.
    I have to go to India on an emergeny now.
    So my question is will I have any issues while leaving USA in the port of exit ? .
    Will they ask why you have been staying for 3 more months after the visa has been expired ?.
    Is it enough to show my visa renewal receipt to them ?
    Will I have been problems when reaching India ?

All help is seriously appreciated

Search and read about "cloning" on the forum.

Issue would be if your visa already expired, you would have to wait outside US till the renewal paper and get a visa stamp prior to entry. Go for PP.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks for the reply

I am ok with staying in India till I get my renewal papers.
      Since I have to leave now on an emergency, I am mainly concerned with my travel to India.

Will I have any issues (because H1 is expired) while traveling from US to India ?

Comment

There will be no issues on your exit from U.S (Carry the extension receipt with you, just in case) or when you land in India. However, if you transit through U.K or any other European countries (Except Beligium) with an expired U.S visa, then you will have issues. You will need a transit visa or you should travel through an alternate route. Check with your airlines and they should be able to guide you.

Originally posted by VINUKAVI5 View Post
        Thanks for the reply

I am ok with staying in India till I get my renewal papers.
        Since I have to leave now on an emergency, I am mainly concerned with my travel to India.

Will I have any issues (because H1 is expired) while traveling from US to India ?
        Last edited by shervin143; 11-17-2009, 02:01 PM.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X