Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 to H1 Stamping and H1 renewal Stamping

Hello,

My wife came to US around 3 years back on H4 Visa and later on she got her H1 2 years ago. She worked for a client for 1 year and now from past 10 months or so she is working on in house project for our employer. We have her pay stubs for past 2 years.

We are visiting india this month and since we have to go for her first H1B stamping and at the same time i also have to go for my H1B renewal stamping.

I have following 2 questions:

1. While taking Interview Appointment at VFS web-site it asks "Are you applying for the same class of visa which is currently valid or has expired within the past 12 months?" Can i say "yes" for my wife since she is already working on H1 with her approval notice, even though it would be her first H1B stamping?

2. While taking appointment it gives an option to combine the family members/co-workers together, can we take combined appointment, since we both work for the same employer. Offcourse in my case i work at client side and she works in-house.

Your sooner response would really make it easy for us.

Thanks,

1. While taking Interview Appointment at VFS web-site it asks "Are you applying for the same class of visa which is currently valid or has expired within the past 12 months?" Can i say "yes" for my wife since she is already working on H1 with her approval notice, even though it would be her first H1B stamping?

The question clearly states "Visa". Visa is different from petition. The answer should be NO since her previously stamped visa was H4.

2. While taking appointment it gives an option to combine the family members/co-workers together, can we take combined appointment, since we both work for the same employer. Offcourse in my case i work at client side and she works in-house.

Two H1B visa interviews cannot be combined together. You can take the appointment at the same time. However, it won't be a SINGLE appointment. You both can go together to the consulate at the same time for the visa interview, but you will be interviewed separately.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Shervin,

Thank you very much for your sooner response, that would really help.

Thanks again.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X