Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LC and GC processing for H1B

Dear All,

The law dept. of my company who is our H1B sponsor has just proceeded to apply the LC for self. May i raise some questions as below:

1. How long does it take to obtain the LC from the authority in the common case ? Being advised that they have to make the ads. in continuous 3 months before starting the LC submission. Is it true ?

2. Also learnt from them, in case the LC is approved, it will normally take 7 years for the VNese passport holder to get the GC approve as the updated priority date for employment based (H1B - Skill worker) is only in Jun 1st 2002. Is it a fixed waiting time eg. 7 years in this case or changed in the next following months/years ?

Will appreciate all comments/advice and thank you again am i for reading my questions.

1. How long does it take to obtain the LC from the authority in the common case ?
    >>>>> It is taking more than 11 months (without audit) these days.

Being advised that they have to make the ads. in continuous 3 months before starting the LC submission. Is it true ?
    >>>>> Some do it only for 1 month.

2. Also learnt from them, in case the LC is approved, it will normally take 7 years for the VNese passport holder to get the GC approve as the updated priority date for employment based (H1B - Skill worker) is only in Jun 1st 2002. Is it a fixed waiting time eg. 7 years in this case or changed in the next following months/years ?
    >>>>> No one can predict this. It might speed up or get more worst.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
      1. How long does it take to obtain the LC from the authority in the common case ?
      >>>>> It is taking more than 11 months (without audit) these days.

*** opp, i do not know it will take almost a year for the LC !!! How's abt the audit ? May you help to give more info. against the audit ?

Being advised that they have to make the ads. in continuous 3 months before starting the LC submission. Is it true ?
      >>>>> Some do it only for 1 month.

>>>>> No one can predict this. It might speed up or get more worst.

*** The law team told me the speed process is normally slowing down in the 4th Q esp. this year as the new director has just been appointed, however they expected it will be speeded up in the next following quarters, i hope so......

Thanks a lot for your prompt reply.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X