Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 to H1

All,

I am on H4 visa since May 2009 ... I am planning to apply for H1 B in april 2010 quota.

My questions is

1. If i get a job some time in May and if my company is willing to sponspor my H1 b and if it gets approved ..
    can i start working immediately or do i need to wait till october 1st 2010.

Thanks in advance

You need to wait till Oct 1st (You can start working only from the effective date of your COS to H1B).

This year's quote is still open. So, if you find a job, you can ask your employer to apply immediately (Provided the quota remains open at that time). No need to wait till April 2010.
    Last edited by shervin143; 12-01-2009, 08:46 PM.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

h4 to h1

Unfortunately, this year quota reached the cap. I will have to wait till october 1st 2010....is there any alternative in order to start working immediately without waiting till oct 1st?
      thanks for your reply....

Comment

i mean immediately after april if my h1 gets approved in april?

Comment

Oh! I didn't know that. In that case you will have to wait till next Oct. If you had a previous H1B, then you can use that CAP (Provided you did not max out the 6 year term).

Originally posted by desi_h1b View Post
          Unfortunately, this year quota reached the cap. I will have to wait till october 1st 2010....is there any alternative in order to start working immediately without waiting till oct 1st?
          thanks for your reply....
          Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X