Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1/B2 along with H1

Hi,

I am currently in India. I have a H1 visa stamped on my passport valid till Jan 2011. I have traveled on H1 thrice to the US since 2006. As I am unable to find projects through my company, I plan to visit my hubby in the US by taking extended leave from my company......hence would like to apply for visitor visa.

1. If I apply for a B1/B2, will my H1 be cancelled?
    2. If my H1 is not cancelled and if I find jobs while on B1/B2 during my stay in the US, can my existing H1 be transferred to the new company?

Please let me know asap.

Thanks!

I plan to visit my hubby in the US by taking extended leave from my company......hence would like to apply for visitor visa.
    >>>> Advisable to apply for a dependent visa (if possible) instead of a B1/B2.

1. If I apply for a B1/B2, will my H1 be cancelled?
    >>>> Most likely they won't cancel the H1 visa when you apply for B1/B2, unless there is a reason why they need to.

2. If my H1 is not cancelled and if I find jobs while on B1/B2 during my stay in the US, can my existing H1 be transferred to the new company?
    >>>> Yes. However, applying for COS from B1/B2 to H1B is not advisable. Apply for H1b without COS, leave the country and travel in H1B again with the newly approved H1B petition and a valid H1B visa.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X