Termination during H1B transfer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Termination during H1B transfer

Hey guys, I've read all the FAQ and searched the forums. I currently have a H1B transfer in progress, no receipt from USCIS though. But I'm being terminated from my previous company. My last day will most likely be before I get the H1B transfer approved. What should I do at this point? should I stay and wait for the transfer since it was submitted before the termination?

thanks for your help

During H1B transfer, you don't need the approval to start working for the new employer. Once the transfer is filed, you can legally work for the new employer with just the transfer receipt. If you feel like joining the new employer only after receiving the approval notice, then talk to your new employer and upgrade your transfer to the premium process (additional $1000) which will help you get the transfer done in 15 days (If there is no RFE).
    Last edited by shervin143; 12-07-2009, 12:47 AM.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

You can work for the new employer on receiving the receipt. You can even stay without working if transfer receipt date is before the termination date.
      This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

What would happen if the receipt date is after the termination date? thanks for your replys so far. Appreciate it.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X