X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-94 problem

Hi all,

My question is.....

My passport expires on May 25, 2010 and my I-797 expires on May 8, 2010. When I came to USA in July 2009 the immigration officer marked on my I-94....valid class until "2010" and did not put any specific date. Upon asking she said since both the above documents expire in may 2010 I-94 by itself expires in May 2010. I have got a new passport that is valid until 2019 and I am filing an extension, will I-94 create a problem? Should I get it changed or it is ok as I am anyways filing an extension? If it has to be changed can you brief out the process?

Thanks....

No need to worry about I-94 as you're applying for extn.
    A new I-94 will be sent to you upon H1 approval.

Comment

Thanks for your reply. But what if my company does not file extension in time? Or, if I 94 end date is required during filing extension.

Should I go to nearby CBP center and get I 94 corrected?

Thanks

Comment

Update - It looks like there will be a delay in filing H1-B extension and it might take another 3 weeks before extension is filed. Please let me know if this is a problem or is it okay to just wait it out?

Comment

When exactly are you planning to file your extension? As long as you file it 3-4 months in advance of your petition expiry date (assuming by normal process), you are good. If you are so concern, do contact the nearest CBP.
          Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks!

My company is currently waiting for LCA. They say the extension will be filed 4 days after LCA is received.

My problem is not petition, it's I-94 end date (just says 2010). Now, shall I just wait for extension which will be filed in early 2010 Jan or go to CBP for correction (would want to avoid it if possible)?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X