Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Out of US for 1 year / Transfer H1 when out of US

Hi,

I got my H1B visa in 2007 from consultancy "X" and entered US in January 2008. I worked in US till December 2008 and after that I lost my job. I was without a job in US till May 2009. I got a contract job in another country and came here in May 2009. I have my H1B visa on Company "X" till Sep. 2010.

Now my questions are

(1) Can I transfer my H1 to another consultancy "Y" when I am out of USA? If yes, can I am come back to USA, on the Visa from previous consultancy "X" or do I need to again go for interview and get it stamped for consultancy "Y"?

(2) How long can I stay out of US? If I stay till next may, it will be 1 year complete out of US. Is there any thing like, if You are out of US for 1 complete year, you are eligible for a FRESH 6 YEAR H1B CAP... if so, do we need to again rea pply for H1 and visa??

Please clarify my doubts as I am seriously looking on when to come back to US.

(1) Can I transfer my H1 to another consultancy "Y" when I am out of USA?
    >>>> Yes.

If yes, can I am come back to USA, on the Visa from previous consultancy "X"
    >>>>> Yes

or do I need to again go for interview and get it stamped for consultancy "Y"?
    >>>>> No need. Read the FAQ in immihelp.

(2) How long can I stay out of US?
    >>>>> As long as you wish.

If I stay till next may, it will be 1 year complete out of US. Is there any thing like, if You are out of US for 1 complete year, you are eligible for a FRESH 6 YEAR H1B CAP...
    >>>>> Yes.

if so, do we need to again rea pply for H1 and visa??
    >>>>> You will get a fresh 6 year period only if you apply H1B petition (No transfer) after staying out for 1 year. No need for a new H1B visa, if you already have one valid in your passport.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X