Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it feasible for me to come back to usa after an year working outside usa

Hi All,

I am on H1b here (through consultancy) and working, and because of my family issues i might travel india and work there for an year and come back later, what are the odds for me ? i am aware the time that i am not here won;t be counted or added to my total H1B duration (which is 6 years)

Thanks for looking and answering me

That is correct. Only the time spend in U.S is counted towards your H1B 6 year limit.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Is it feasible for me to come back to usa after an year working outside usa

Thanks shervin143, and appreciate if somebody answers these questions too...
      1. What should i give the answer to POE guys when i return back, does they allow me saying that i am india because of family reasons ?
      2. DO they ask for my paystubs? or anything like that?
      3. any other hurdles besides the above?

Comment

See below.
        Originally posted by vis View Post
        Thanks shervin143, and appreciate if somebody answers these questions too...
        1. What should i give the answer to POE guys when i return back, does they allow me saying that i am india because of family reasons ?

>>>>> No such questions will be asked. As long as your employer has a job for you and you carry all the required documents (Employement verification letter, client letter etc), you are good.

2. DO they ask for my paystubs? or anything like that?

>>>>> Since you are planning to return back after 1 year, they might not ask for that. But it is advisable to carry a couple of latest payslips that you received before you left to your home country (pay slips from home country is not required).

3. any other hurdles besides the above?
        >>>>> None if you have a project and all the required docs.
        Last edited by shervin143; 12-10-2009, 10:10 PM.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks again..

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X