Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B quota

Hi,

Is it possible to get a H1B visa since the quota has not been exhausted this year? Thanks

H1B visa has nothing to do with the quota. Since the CAP is still open, you can apply a new H1B Petition through an employer and if it gets approved, you can go for the visa stamping.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Dear Shervin , Hello friend again i'm here
      Today I got my passport from the US embassy with H-1B visa started from 10th Dec 09 and expires on 28 FEB2010 ,yet it is a multi entry one?? only 2 and a half months!! my family ones till 30thNov2010 ?? is it a mistake i'm thinking of contacting the US embassy and asking for this. what you think ?
      thanks.

Comment

What is the expiry date of your H1B petition? Usually they will give you the visa stamped until the expiry date of the petition. When is your passport expiring? If your passport expiration is in Feb 2010, then that could be the reason why you got it for such a short duration.

Next time, please don't post your questions in someone else's thread. Create a new post.

Originally posted by barhooma99 View Post
        Dear Shervin , Hello friend again i'm here
        Today I got my passport from the US embassy with H-1B visa started from 10th Dec 09 and expires on 28 FEB2010 ,yet it is a multi entry one?? only 2 and a half months!! my family ones till 30thNov2010 ?? is it a mistake i'm thinking of contacting the US embassy and asking for this. what you think ?
        thanks.

Comment

Thanks Shervin.

I had meant the cap, i.e. allocated limit of H1 visas when I wrote quota.

Comment

Yeah! I understood that. H1B visa has nothing to do with the CAP. It is the petition that falls under the CAP.

Originally posted by rakarcapac View Post
            Thanks Shervin.

I had meant the cap, i.e. allocated limit of H1 visas when I wrote quota.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X