H4 221 g Additional processing time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 221 g Additional processing time

I went to Kolkata for my H4 Visa stamping on 3rd Dec-2009 and received a 221g (Pink Slip) . They kept my passport.

On the Pink slip the box checked says “Your Application requires additional processing ".

PS NOTE-This is not administrative processing.

The consulate told me i should be receiving my passport within 10 days’. its going to be 10 days tomorrow and didn’t receive any respond yet .

Any body has the same experience pls share!!

Thanks

Search for 221g in immihelp. Lot of people have gone through this. The time taken to process each individual case is different. However, most people have successfully got their visas later.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

221g reply from consulate

I did an inquery on my H4 status and got a reply back from Consulate saying
      the below
      -----------reply starts here

Following the interview, we approved the issuance of your visa. As of now, some additional administrative processing is ongoing. Once this is completed, we will print the visa and return the passport via our service provider. Please track your passport at regular intervals at our service provider’s website: www.vfs-usa.co.in

While we cannot guarantee a specific timeline, this processing usually takes around 10-14 days from the date of the interview.

Please bear with us.
      Sincerely,

-----------Reply ends here

Comment

Originally posted by kr_1980 View Post
        I did an inquery on my H4 status and got a reply back from Consulate saying
        the below
        -----------reply starts here

Following the interview, we approved the issuance of your visa. As of now, some additional administrative processing is ongoing. Once this is completed, we will print the visa and return the passport via our service provider. Please track your passport at regular intervals at our service provider’s website: www.vfs-usa.co.in

While we cannot guarantee a specific timeline, this processing usually takes around 10-14 days from the date of the interview.

Please bear with us.
        Sincerely,

-----------Reply ends here
        I am in the same boat as you now.If you still see this ... when was the passport delivered to you?

Comment

H4 additional Processing time

Hi,

If you follow the thread , my dependents also received same additional processing slip in kolkatta. Can you please confirm when you receive your passports?

Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X