H4 stamping for a minor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 stamping for a minor

I got my Visa status transferred from J-1 exchange visitor to H1B-temporary worker. But I haven't got my stamping updated in the passport. My Son (5 years) traveling to India alone in H4 status. Question is, will he able to attend an interview with the consulate to have his H-4 status updated in his passport in the absence of principal visa hold (which is me in H1B). If anybody is familiar or have experience with this Please help me.

thanks and hope to hear from someone

In case of applicants under 14 years, it is highly advisable for a parent or legal guardian to appear in person to accompany the minor for the visa interview. I would strongly suggest you to talk to the VFS helpdesk to get more information. And please do update the forum after talking to them.

Source: Google

Consular-Related Visitors: The following persons may accompany a visa applicant during Consular-related visits:

Interpreter: Applicants may bring ONE interpreter if they do not speak English well enough to participate in an interview.
    Special Needs Visitors: Applicants may bring ONE person to help if they are elderly, disabled, or if the applicant is a minor child applying for a visa.
    Attorney: An attorney may accompany client(s) applying for a visa, U.S.
    Citizens: One American citizen may accompany an applicant.
    Last edited by shervin143; 12-14-2009, 03:12 AM.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X