Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issue with Marital status for H1b stamping

Hello sir/madam,
    I am planning to go h1b stamping in this month end. I have got good project in California, USA and have client letter for h1b stamping. I have some questions regarding my marital status.

I got marry with US citizen girl in Jan-2001 with Islamic rules and regulation. After my marriage she went to US and called me after 1 week and said that she loved someone in US and she want divorce from me. She married with me because of her parent’s pressure. I gave a divorce with Islamic rule and regulation. We did not stay together even single day. I do not have Indian government or court certificate for my divorce. I have only Islamic marriage and divorce certificate now.

I have following questions to ask you.

1. Now what should I have to mention in DS-156 (Marital status)? (1. Married 2. Divorce 3. Never Married 4.widowed 5. Separated)

2. If I mention divorce in DS-156. Is Divorce certificate required in visa stamping interview?

3. Can I take Islamic divorce certificate for interview? Is Islamic divorce certificate valid for visa stamping?

4. Marriage certificate is required for visa stamping or not, as I already gave divorce to her.

5. can you please give me some advice what documents should I carry in visa stamping regarding my marital status.

I really appreciate if you can give me the above questions answer.

1. 2

2. No.

3. See above

4. Not required.

5. No document required.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X