Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 and H4 separate application at same time

Hi Everyone,

Me and my wife have scheduled date for H1 and H4 visa in Delhi. We filled up different application form but have appointment at the same time. We are planning to go together. Now I am not sure if I did it correct and whether we will be considered together or two separate application. Any body have any suggestions? My wife can not go separate as I am applying for H1 for the first time and she will need my VISA if considered separate. Please let me know your opinion.

Regards,
    Rakesh

Answers below.

Originally posted by piscianrr View Post
    Hi Everyone,

Me and my wife have scheduled date for H1 and H4 visa in Delhi. We filled up different application form but have appointment at the same time. We are planning to go together. Now I am not sure if I did it correct and whether we will be considered together or two separate application. Any body have any suggestions?

>>> While creating your application, you should have added your wife as a dependent, so that you both could have attended the interview together. All the questions will be directed to you and your wife would have got very little to do with the interview. If you have submitted separate applications, then the visa interview will be separate. Talk to the VFS helpline to see if they can help you to combine these appointments into one interview. If they can't, then you need to attend the interview separately.

My wife can not go separate as I am applying for H1 for the first time and she will need my VISA if considered separate. Please let me know your opinion.

>>> Your visa has nothing to do her H4 stamping. All that matters is your H1B petition. If both you and your wife are called for separate interview at the same time (different counters), then that is an issue because both of you will need the H1B petition.

Regards,
    Rakesh
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X