Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 Status

Hi sir,

I have h1b visa,i work withmy consultant few months and he was not able to showjob to me,mean time i got another offer from different company and they processed h1 transfer i work with them around 1 month in client side but suddenly project was stopped and terminated me.Afterwards i came back to home country,Now when i talk to my first employer he said still your visa was valid.Please clarify me whether my h1b still valid or not.Is there any way to check my visa status.

You can check your visa status in your passport. There is a "Valid till" date on that, which will let you know if your visa is still valid or not.

If you are asking about the H1B petition, then check with your x-employer. If they haven't revoked it and if the petition hasn't expired yet, then you can use it to work for the same employer. You can also check to see if the petition has been revoked or not in the USCIS web site. But there are chances that the correct status is not updated there. So the information that you see there sometimes won't be 100% correct.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

My ex-employer doesn't revoked my H1 petition.validity in my visa is upto 2010 november.I am checking both petitions(both employers) in USCIS website and both are showing valid.

As per your information,USCIS website doen't show the valid results.I am sure that my ex-employer doesn't revoke my application,But still i am curious about checking the status.Is is possible to check my petition?

Comment

Hi Friends,

Any repliles.Please clarify me.

Thanks.

Comment

There is nothing much you could do other than to trust your employer. No employer would ask you to travel to U.S with a cancelled petition. You can also transfer your H1B to another employer and travel using the new petition.

Comment

thanks for clarification.

Comment

Hi Friend,

Can i transfer my h1b from india?If so what are the documents i have to provide to employer.

Comment

Can i transfer my h1b from india?
                >>> Yes, you can.

If so what are the documents i have to provide to employer.
                >>> Same set of documents that you gave your employer for the previous H1B. In addition, a copy of the existing approval notice to prove that you are already CAP counted.

Comment

Hi Friend,

Actually i used only 6 months of my original h1b period(2008-2011),Now i am planning to renew my passport,can i renew my h1b notice to get the lost period after i got the the new passport.

Thanks,
                  Raju komaturi

Comment

Originally posted by kraju_82 View Post
                    Can i renew my h1b notice to get the lost period after i got the the new passport.
                    What exactly do you mean by this? The visa or the petition? You can claim the unused period when you apply for an extension (Nothing can be done with the visa).

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X