Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B visa stamping Chennai

Hi,
    I am going for H1B stamping for the first time in Chennai during February. I work for a small Indian consultant and I contract with a company doing project for Federal Government for the last 10 months. I would get the letter from the company stating that I work here and would come back and join again after vacation. Also, I would take other relevant documents like petition etc. I also have an id card which shows that I contract through this company to the Federal Govt.
    Will I have any issues or will I given the pink or blue slip?
    Please advise.

Thanks
    vkar

Also try to get client letter. Incase they ask for it, you can submit.

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for the response.
      My employer says he would give me the documents(employer documents like tax statemetns, employee details.. etc based upon request only from the consulate). Will it still be safe to go without the documents. Will I receive a 221G in that case?Please advise.

Do I also need to have the contract (sale deed) between him and the company that am working for? My contract would end soon after I go for vacation and come back. I would become an employee here on my return with H1 transer. Please suggest.

If I try transfer now with premium processing how long would it take. My travel date from USA is Jan 29. Will I get it approved before that. If approved, I would have only one pay slip. Is that ok.

Please advise if I can go with my employer's details or should I go after the transfer?

Thanks

Comment

Answers in the order of questions:

Should be fine. Not sure if you get 221G. Nobody knows.

If asked, yes. Not required to carry, though.
        PP takes 15 days to get a response. Again nobody knows if it will be approved. 2-3 payslips required usually.

You can go with employer details, as you don't have payslips, and transfer approval is doubtful.

Comment

thank you so much

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X