L2 to H1 (or) B1 to H1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L2 to H1 (or) B1 to H1

I got my H1 approved from company X this year starting from oct 2009. But during stamping I was required to submit client letter etc which I dont have rt now. Geeting the genuine documents is only possible through attending the clinet interview in person. which requires me to travel to US first..

so I have 2 options
    1) apply for B1 and then COS from B1 to H1
    2) apply L2 since my spouse can get L1, and then from there convert to H1 on successful completion of client interviews.

But i dont know the processing times/ fees for both of these...

Anyone there suggest me the best option. ocourses getting L2 will be difficult for me because my spouse has to get L1 stamped and she has to travel to US for valid project in her company ....

Originally posted by sgragha View Post
    i got my h1 approved from company x this year starting from oct 2009. But during stamping i was required to submit client letter etc which i dont have rt now. Geeting the genuine documents is only possible through attending the clinet interview in person. Which requires me to travel to us first..

So i have 2 options
    1) apply for b1 and then cos from b1 to h1

>>> not advisable since b1 is a non-immigrant visa and your company attroney need to provide a valid reason for cos from b1 to h1b. The chances of approval is less. B1 is not intended for job search.

2) apply l2 since my spouse can get l1, and then from there convert to h1 on successful completion of client interviews.

>>> you can do that.

but i dont know the processing times/ fees for both of these...

>>> processing time is 2-3 months by normal process (~ $320) and 15 days by premium process (an additional $1000). Your employer should take care of the fees.

anyone there suggest me the best option. Ocourses getting l2 will be difficult for me because my spouse has to get l1 stamped and she has to travel to us for valid project in her company ....

^^
    ^^
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks Shervin, Let me try L2.... but will there be a problem if i dont submit docs for 221g ?

Regards,
      Ragha.

Comment

If you don't submit the requested documents on 221g, then your visa will be rejected. From then on, whenever you apply for a U.S visa, you will have to select YES to the question "Have you ever been refused a U.S visa".

Originally posted by sgragha View Post
        Thanks Shervin, Let me try L2.... but will there be a problem if i dont submit docs for 221g ?

Regards,
        Ragha.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X