Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B temporarily work from another location

Hi,

I have a question regarding H1B working location. I am working in the states, but my wife recently moved to Canada because of project change. My company has an office in Toronto. I like to work from Toronto office a couple of days a month during my visit so I can stay with family a little bit longer (I have Canada maple card). In case like this, what is the complication of my H1B? Do I need to ask my employer to file H1B amendament?

Any suggestion or sharing of related experience is greatly appreciated!

found this

looks like for very short term travel, there is no need to file anything
    (c) An employer's short-term placement(s) or assignment(s) of H-1B nonimmigrant(s) at any worksite(s) in an area of employment not listed on the employer's approved LCA(s) shall not exceed a total of 30 workdays in a one-year period for any H-1B nonimmigrant at any worksite or combination of worksites in the area, except that such placement or assignment of an H-1B nonimmigrant may be for longer than 30 workdays but for no more than a total of 60 workdays in a one-year period where the employer is able to show the following:

(1) The H-1B nonimmigrant continues to maintain an office or work station at his/her permanent worksite (e.g., the worker has a dedicated workstation and telephone line(s) at the permanent worksite);

(2) The H-1B nonimmigrant spends a substantial amount of time at the permanent worksite in a one-year period; and

(3) The H-1B nonimmigrant's U.S. residence or place of abode is located in the area of the permanent worksite and not in the area of the short-term worksite(s) (e.g., the worker's personal mailing address; the worker's lease for an apartment or other home; the worker's bank accounts; the worker's automobile driver's license; the residence of the worker's dependents).

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X