Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resigning in L1 and COS to H1

Hello,

I am currently in L1 visa through company A. Company A is an Indian based service industry. If company B is willing to offer me a job and sponsor my H1, can I resign company A and join company B. For this should I have to go out of US or anything?

Kindly reply ASAP.

Thank You

You do not need to go our of US. But the company B should apply your H1 with Change of Status. 99% your will be COS if Company B is applying.

You can join company B only once you got the new I-94 on you H1 approval.

Comment

Originally posted by devenderthota View Post
      You do not need to go our of US. But the company B should apply your H1 with Change of Status. 99% your will be COS if Company B is applying.

I have a similar case. I work for Company C in L1 visa and a company D is willing to offer me a job. I still have not accepted the offer because company C tells me that I cannot resign in L1 and doing so I have to pay $20,000. The same is there in the offer letter that I got during my travel to USA in L1. Is there a way I quit without paying the amount?
      Kindly reply soon because I very badly want to join company D.

Thanks in Advance!!!
      Last edited by vs83; 01-08-2010, 05:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by devenderthota View Post

Thank You for your reply...

Comment

You should not leave the job before B receives the petition receipt notice. If petition is filed as COS, you may stay in US and start working on approval.
          This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X